Full List of Northern Presidential Candidates for 2019.
A group, Northern Youth Leaders’ Forum (NYLF) has revealed a shortlist of 11 northern politicians it endorsed as potential presidential candidates for the 2019 general elections.
Full List of Persons Endorsed By Northern Youths for Presidency
According to the leader of the group, Comrade Elliot Afiyo, the 11 persons, namely:
- former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar;
- Governor Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe State;
- Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto;
- the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki;
- former Jigawa State governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido;
- Governor Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna State;
- former Kano State governor, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso;
- former Borno State governor, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff;
- Governor Ibrahim Shettima of Borno State;
- Governor Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari of Zamfara State;
- Alhaji Tanimu Turaki, and
- Senator Bala Muhammed; have emerged as respectable presidential candidates from the North.
The group said it was disturbed by the ‘scheming’ and ‘maneuvers’ in the country suggesting southern interest in the 2019 presidency and reiterated that the north should retain the presidency in 2019.
Comrade Afiyo said: “We want to reiterate and clearly warn that the North will not, and will never allow presidency to move to the South in 2019.
“As much as we can tolerate or pay any sacrifice for the unity of this country, we remain committed to a northern president in 2019.”