Brig. Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim Profile / Biography. The new Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Mr S. Ibrahim, who was the Registrar of the Nigerian Army University, Biu, was born on 13th July 1967. Read Brig. Gen. S. Shaibu’s full Biography and Profile below;
Profile/Biography: Brig. Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim
Brig Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim was born on 13 July 1967 in Nasarawa Local Government area of Nasarawa State, Nigeria to an exemplary family.
Mr S. Ibrahim obtained BA (History), PGDE, (MA)History and Ph D(History) from University of Jos (1985-1989), Tai Solari University of Education, Ijebu-Ode ( 2007), University of Jos, (1991-1992) and University of Abuja, (2002-2007) respectively.
Keep reading Shuaibu Ibrahim Profile / Biography below
Brig. Gen. S. Ibrahim’s Military Career:
As a military personnel, Mr Ibrahim has served in various capacities and offices including the office of the Military assistant to the DG of NYSC. He has also served in various tours round the world.
Brig. Gen. Ibrahim has served in the following capacities:
- Institute of Army Education (IAE) (Research Officer) Researched and Produced Nigerian Army Journals and
- Briefs for the Nigerian Army in particular and the military in general
- NYSC (Military Assistant to the DG NYSC) 1996 – 1999 Represented the DG and participated in several seminars
- on Youth Development for prospective Corps Members in Tertiary Institutions
- National Defence College (NDC) 2004 – 2009(Staff Officer I Military History)
- Supervised participants projects along with Director Military History
- Member of syndicate discussion
- Thought Military History to participants
- Head of Raporteur Teams in all seminars conducted at the NWC and later NDC
- Member of Panels for Project Defence by Participants
- Presentation of paper on Stress and Time Management
- Management of the NDC Hall of Fame and Member and later Secretary of the Committee for the establishment
- of the same.
- Liaises with the African Centre for Research of the NDC.
- Participated in seminars and tours with participants in:
-Several States of the Federation
As an academia, the new NYSC DG, Brig. Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim has served in the following capacities:
- Appointed NODAL Servicom Officer of the NDC. Organized Seminars on attitudinal change and service delivery for staff and personnel.
- Attended seminars organized by the Presidency on Servicom.
- Nigerian Army School of Education (Senior Instructor) 2009 – 2011. Participated in several seminars and conferences organized by TETFUND
- Presented and moderated papers at the Nigerian Army Education Corps Conferences.
- Headquarters Nigerian Army Education Corps (Staff Officer I Books Resources Procurement) 2011 – 2012
- Command Secondary School Suleja (Commandant) 2012 – 2014
- Nigerian Defence Academy 2014 – 2018
- Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 2000 – 2004 Taught 100 and 200 levels
- Member of several Committees between 2000-2004
- Head of Department, History and War Studies 2015- 2018
- Member Nigerian Defence Academy Establishment Review Committee 2016
- Member Research and Development (now incorporation Research Committee Grant-committee) 2016
- Member Academy Publication Committee
- Desk Officer TETfund
- Desk Officer NEEDS Assessment
- Member NDA Project Monitoring Committee
- Member Editorial Board for the Review of the Book: Nigeria’s Anti-terror War Against the Boko Haram: The Turning Point and Lessons for National Security by OBC Nwolise conveyed by the Chief of Army Staff
- Member Editorial Board that conveyed the Report of the Editorial Committee Convened by Lt Gen TY Buratia (N7630) NAM OMM (BR) GSS psc (+) ndc (BD) FCMH FNHAM BA (Hons) MA MPHil Chief of Army Staff Nigerian Army to Edit Three Books/Materials on Global Terrorism and Boko Haram in Nigeria.
He also served as;
- Member of the Committee Planning for the Smooth take-off of Degree Programme, PGDE, NCE Sandwich, Distance Learning and Part-Time Courses at the Nigerian Army School of Education (NASE), Ilorin.
- Member Nigerian Army Education Committee to draw a Module on Teaching for the protection of Cultural Property during Armed Conflict.
Brig. Gen. Shuaibu is married and blessed with children. His Hobbies include Watching Football and Current Affairs.